Are you stuck in the system also?

RaginRanger will respond to any comment--on any post--asking for help on your situation.
This blog "moderates" posts, meaning that your post will NOT be posted publicly if you request that your question remain private.

I am not a lawyer, but I have been in this fight long enough to at least point you to help in most cases. I'll help write a Memorandum For Record and/or the Commander if needed. Sometimes just getting a new perspective from someone who's been there, but doesn't have personal ties to
you, can make things more clear.

The most important thing is for those of us who have made it through, to be here for those still fighting through ~

30 October 2006

Government Accountability

I was getting ready to make some phone calls this morning and realised I may be talking to people that need more than just my opinion and my own personal evidence. Believe it or not some people think I am an isolated case and that I "slipped through the cracks" of the system. First of all the system is broken. Second of all there are people forcing us through cracks that need not be in place and are fixable if the right people care enough to fix the problem.

These studies by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) prove that troops feeling "screwed by the system" are not isolated incidents.

When I make my calls today I intend to discuss some of the information I read in these - I haven't finished reading them yet but will post comments when I do read them.

The Army times ran an article about one of these reports a few months ago. It was on page 16 or 18 of the issue about Dress Blues. It wasn't referenced on the front page so I doubt many people read it - I almost missed it myself.


This one is titled Improved Oversight Needed to Ensure Consistent and Timely Outcomes for Reserve and Active Duty Service Members
http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d06362.pdf
It is the GAO Report to Congressional Committees


This one is titled Ensuring Consistent and Timely Outcomes for Reserve and Active Duty Service Members
http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d06561t.pdf
It is the GAO Testimony before the Subcommittee on Military Personnel, Committee on Armed Services, House of Representatives

- Ragin' Ranger Out

No comments:

My Blogger Panel