Are you stuck in the system also?

RaginRanger will respond to any comment--on any post--asking for help on your situation.
This blog "moderates" posts, meaning that your post will NOT be posted publicly if you request that your question remain private.

I am not a lawyer, but I have been in this fight long enough to at least point you to help in most cases. I'll help write a Memorandum For Record and/or the Commander if needed. Sometimes just getting a new perspective from someone who's been there, but doesn't have personal ties to
you, can make things more clear.

The most important thing is for those of us who have made it through, to be here for those still fighting through ~

29 October 2006

Better than a standard congressional complaint

I got this email from a friend the other day. Might as well take advantage of the election cycle when people at least *act* like they care.

Hiya-
I've had a bad day, but hopefully it will mean good things for you.
I'm sorry, but I have to tell you a boring story before I get to the part
about you. We have a lot of close races for Congress right now in CT.
Congressman Rob Simmons has an ad out featuring a "mother" who says that he
got weapons for her son's reserve unit. That irritated me 'cause in 2003 I
wrote to him asking that he do his part to either get equipment to soldiers
or stall 'til soldiers had the right equipment and the response basically
accused me of lacking patriotism.
Anyhoo, I e-mailed his office and I sent the same e-mail to the office
of his competitor. Funny, when it wasn't an election year it was months
before I got a response in the form of a letter. Now it only took about a
half-hour to get a personal phone call. First from his chief of staff and
then from the Congressman personally.
The response was frustrating, but I'm sure you're familiar w/ all that.
At one point he tried to smooth it over by acknowledging that Chris was
home now. However, it's not OK 'cause from what I can tell the situation
has not improved for troops overseas. Also, our reasons for leaving were
mainly healthcare and education, not the war, and those have not improved at
all. All the good soldiers have left for those same reasons and my fear is
if another 9/11 happens all that we'll have to defend us are the dopes.
Also, as I told the congressman troops who were severly injured are only
being offered 10% disability and the Army is consistently playing games to
prevent people from leaving.
Now here's the part that you're interested in. Even if you are not from
CT, There is someone in Rob Simmon's office who is taking on the cases of
mistreated soldiers. His name is K. Robert Lewis (aka. K.Bob) his # is
(860) 886-0139
and his e-mail is Krobert.lewis@mail.house.gov . He'll probably ask you for a privacy release to investigate.
I'm sure that you've been down this road before, but at the end of our
conversation he seemed serious about helping.

- Ragin' Ranger Out

No comments:

My Blogger Panel