Are you stuck in the system also?

RaginRanger will respond to any comment--on any post--asking for help on your situation.
This blog "moderates" posts, meaning that your post will NOT be posted publicly if you request that your question remain private.

I am not a lawyer, but I have been in this fight long enough to at least point you to help in most cases. I'll help write a Memorandum For Record and/or the Commander if needed. Sometimes just getting a new perspective from someone who's been there, but doesn't have personal ties to
you, can make things more clear.

The most important thing is for those of us who have made it through, to be here for those still fighting through ~

04 November 2006

Army Regulations

I was talking to someone the other day while helping them construct their appeal to their MEB. I'm trying to help this soldier ensure that the MEB dictation or Narative Summary (NARSUM) has conditions listed so that when this soldier is a veteran the VA will be able to provide treatment ASAP and the new veteran will not have to wait through the Red Tape of the VA. The MEB Office here is trying to rush the MEB because the soldier has been going through the MEB for a long time. Rushing the MEB is a dis-service to the soldier.

These are the things that piss me off the most and I try to help as much as I can.

Back to the point of this post. The soldier in questions told me that the paper-bound regulations at the unit were out-dated and a pain to use because there was only one copy and it was often missing from the shelf.

Here are the links to the regulations that govern the MEB process:

AR 40-400 Patient Administration

AR 635-40 Physical Evaluation Retention Retirement Separation

AR 40-501 Standards of Medical Fitness

Use the adobe search function to find topics you need to find. For instance, search 40-501 for the condition in question to help find the standards for that condition.

- Ragin' Ranger Out

No comments:

My Blogger Panel